The importance of rest to achieve the desired results
The body needs rest, it is essential after training if you want to have a good performance. If it is not done, all the benefits provided by the exercises and the sport are no longer present, and we lose the main objectives for which we train: improve health and well-being
Resting is beneficial for:
- Recover and repair the body: an exercise regime is not complete without resting, regardless of the physical activity or sport that is performed.
- Muscle growth: this occurs when the muscles are at rest after exertion.
- Reduce the risk of injury, exhaustion, overload, contracture.
- Improve training performance: resting helps increase energy and prevent fatigue, which will help the body to be consistent in performance.
- Prevent muscle fatigue induced by excessive exercise and lack of rest, which make the muscles feel pain.